2010年11月24日 星期三

Basketball Games v.s. Two Schools

Today, the girls basketball team leave at 8:10am and directly head to the place where the basketball game takes place, Chian-Hua Middle School. This is the first time that our team play two games in a row, and I’m afraid that we will be too exhausted to play the second game. The first team we play against is Chian-Hua, the middle school. At first, I thought we could win the game because our score is ahead of theirs. However, as Mr. Li switch the five bench players up to the court, the score gap between us and the other team starts to increase. As we’re watching aside, we’re really nervous. Thus, Mr. Li puts us up to the court again within 2 minutes. After the game is finished, our score is 16 to 26. We then go up to the second floor, watching other teams play, and have a break with the Subway snack while waiting for our second game.
The second team we play against is Peng-Sh, the high school. Although we should be worn out at this game, I don’t feel any weariness at all. I’m don’t know why I’m all hyper and energized, probably because I’m inspired by the high school team. The Peng-Sh team is better than the Chian-Hua team, but we are only 9 points behind after the game ends. The final score is 24 to 35. During the second game, I can feel that we are really performing what we’re practicing usually, no matter offense or defense. Everyone agrees that we play the second game better than the first one, and the reasons might be that we’re familiar with the court, we’re less nervous, and we’re finally doing strategies that we’ve been practicing all along.
Although we lose at both games, I’m still happy because I learn a lot and I know that our team is improving. Also, I’ve never stay on the court for such a long time, and I’m thrilled whenever playing games. Still, the whole team has to practice more on shooting, dribbling, getting familiar with tactics, to train physical strength, and the bench players have to be able to follow the flow of the game faster. I think we actually play pretty good games, and I hope we can at least win once and be proud of telling the school that we make it!

沒有留言:

張貼留言