2010年12月6日 星期一

PAS 2010 Sports Day

   Today is the annual PAS Sports Day. This weekend I didn’t get to have any time to relax because I had to wake up early on both Saturday and Sunday due to SAT testing and the school event. This year I’m in the red team, which I think is with the most spirit. The first event I had was rope pull, and we were against the yellow team. I wasn’t happy that Jack Sung acted as the team leader and ordered us to stand on one side and just keep pulling because I think this strategy wouldn’t work. We weren’t professional rope pullers, so it would be easier for us to stand on both sides and combine the strength on the count of “1, 2, pull.” I remembered last year our team used this strategy, and we won. However, the red team lost this time, and I was pretty depressed.
   The second event that I had was 400m relay, which is always my favorite running event. I was nervous when I heard that I had to compete against Jane Jan, Sharon Kuan, and Melissa Lee because I think they were fast runners while I wasn’t. Although I was on lane 4, the most front, I was the starter, which made me super nervous. When the gun shot, I ran as fast as I could, and I was leading! But, my legs started to feel tight while on the turn, and they seemed to be out of control. It was at that point that two runners ran ahead of me. I guessed I was too nervous, so my legs suddenly lost forces. However, I was glad that our team still has the second place. Moreover, I was thrilled when heard from teachers and my teammates saying I was running like a wind, proving that I could run fast.
   After the lunch break, I had the most fun event- water balloon fight. I not only threw balloons at our principal, but also sneak attacked Esther. When I was being chased by Esther, I really could feel that my speed was so fast that she couldn’t get me. I think the best way to let people run faster is being chased by those who are trying to revenge or kill them.
   Then, there was kickball competition between seniors and juniors. Although there are less people on the seniors team, we still show our unity, and finally got five points. During the match, I kicked for twice, but both times my result was out. I thought I could have done better, and got some points for the seniors. So I was not happy at my performance on the field today. Nonetheless, this year’s sports day would be my most enjoyable one not only because it was the last one, but also because I attended lots of events. Also, the red team got the second place for final result.

沒有留言:

張貼留言