2010年12月14日 星期二

Tournament Day 1

    Today is the first day for both boys and girls basketball teams of the Hsinchu City Basketball Tournament, which takes place in the gym of Juibei High School. The boys have their games first, which is against Kuang-Fu at 8:30 am. Our game starts at 11:30 am, and our opponent team is Hsinchu Girls High School. From the starting point of the first period, I directly feel that I’m in a really bad condition. I try to let myself wake up at the coming periods, but I just can’t. I think I’m the one who plays the worst today because I can’t run fast, I miss catching the ball, I fail at dribbling, and I didn’t help my teammates to get the ball when they’re stuck. For the whole four periods, I feel like I’m an amateur; a person who doesn’t know anything about basketball being forced to go on to the court and play. The final result is 4 to 30, which is the lowest point that we’ve ever got. After the game, everyone is depressed, including the coach. I feel sorry for Mr. Li because he has been teaching us so hard, but we just couldn’t reach his expectation.
     Today, our defense is well, however we’re lacking chances in offense. Tomorrow there are two more games, I hope my performance would be much better than today, and we can be more aggressive while offense. Mr. Li, Frank, and Mr. Rick have been telling us that we’re not that bad, so we shouldn’t give ourselves so much pressure before game starts. Due to the atmosphere, the different location, we’re nervous, but we have to try to relax so we can show what we truly got to other teams. The score isn’t the most important thing; what’s prominent is that everyone puts greatest efforts into playing the games.

沒有留言:

張貼留言