2010年12月22日 星期三

Winter Solstice

    Today is the annual Winter Solstice, and people have to eat stuffed dumplings according to Chinese tradition, which has the meaning of growing one year older. Today is also when day time is the shortest and night time is the longest due to sunlight’s angle. After today is over, the weather will become colder and colder until lunar new year. Personally, I really love to eat stuffed dumplings, and Winter Solstice is always my favorite holiday because I get to have lots of them. Mom cooks both the sweet and the meat kinds of stuffed dumplings, and I decide to have four of each flavor. When I open my mouth and ready to have a bite on the meat stuffed dumplings, I find out that there are still frozen parts. Not only mine is like that, but also the whole pot is. The meat stuffed dumplings were bought last year, and I think they have lost their freshness, so that’s why they couldn’t be cooked. Despite this, the sweet kind has no problem at all, and I still get to enjoy this tradition.

沒有留言:

張貼留言